Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Total Solar Eclipse 2017



This is my video of the total solar eclipse that happened August 21, 2017 in Wyoming, right in the path of totality.

I live right in the path of totality, which was pretty neat. No traveling necessary. Just drove the few blocks over to my mom's, and we chilled out in her backyard with our cameras. This was the first time we've experienced a total solar eclipse, and of course we had to pull out our cameras and capture some shots. It was very interesting to feel the temperatures drop as the moon moved across the sun, watching as daylight darkened. As it got darker, the solar-powered lights that were scattered around the backyard lit up. I meant to take some photos or get a video shot of the lights having turned on, but missed the chance.  As we reached totality, we could hear the entire neighborhood cheer! That was pretty awesome. Some fireworks went off too, from the sounds of it.

Here are some of my photos:








Afterwards, I did go back downtown to the festival, just to roam around and mingle for a bit. I didn't know what else to do with my day!

It was most definitely a very interesting, exciting day.

No comments: